My goal in my work with Beth David’s families is to build community in everything we do.
Therefore, I want to invite Religious School families, B’nai Shalom families, and unaffiliated families to join us for many of our exciting gatherings!
Our successful Shabbat Club experiment returns this year. While parents daven together, kids are welcome to sing, discuss Torah stories, and play together.
We have a Shabbat-centered approach to Beth David’s religious school. This year, Shabbat Club will meet every other week, typically the first and third Saturdays of each month. Beth David Religious school families, B’nai Shalom families, and unaffiliated families are invited to join us for this exciting morning of stories, songs and play!
Each week we will have:
- Learner’s Minyan – brief family services where we can all learn about the structure, choreography, and meaning of the Shabbat prayers.
- Small-group Student Discussions – Age-appropriate discussions on Jewish Morals, Values & Ethics.
- Snack and free time – we serve organic, vegetarian snacks before supervised free time on the playground or in the gymnasium.
- Library time – younger students will get time at B’nai Shalom’s library, as the older students have their discussions.
- Tot Shabbat – Each week of Shabbat Club, we will have a fun Tot Shabbat for toddlers and pre-K kids at 10:00 am.
- Shabbat Club will run from 9:30 am -11:30 am to coincide with the end of services.
Beth David is expanding its options for parents and students this year!
Our weekend focus will be with Shabbat Club on Saturdays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am. These Shabbat Club gatherings will happen every other week, typically the first and third Saturdays each month.
One Sunday a month, we will gather for a Family Education/Holiday program on a Sunday morning from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Our weekday classes will now meet on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Each semester you choose which day of the week works best for your family’s schedule! For busy student athletes, who cannot attend a Shabbat Club or Sunday morning session, they can choose to come twice during the week. These weekday sessions will be small groups or tutoring sessions.
Religious School Faculty
Our faculty this year will be Mike Backfield, Lee Bretan, and Boaz Avraham-Katz.